Our Greenwich Peninsula nursery is looking for a full-time Apprentice to join their wonderful team.
As part of the Little Elms Apprenticeship programme, you will be working towards an Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship in Children’s and Young Peoples Workforce.
The Apprenticeship course runs for 13 months, where you will gain hands on day-to-day experience working in one of our Nurseries.
You will be taught and encouraged to use the best childcare practices. You will be working and supported by your fellow colleagues across the Nursery, to develop and enhance your skills in caring for young children.
Your daily routine will compose of supporting children in learning, regular play activities, assisting with meal times, monitoring nap times, observing and recording children’s development, stimulating their environment by displaying their work, and meeting the children’s overall needs by creating positive relationships with parents and carers.
Excellent Benefits on offer include:
- Service recognition awards – get an extra day’s annual leave, for each year worked
- Free, hot daily lunch prepared by our Skilled Nursery Chefs each day you work
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme (provided by BUPA)
- Generous Childcare discount
- Support to gain higher qualifications
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Free Uniform
- New starter goody bag
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Your passion to be shown in your day-to-day interaction with children
- Coaching & mentoring abilities