Baby Room Manager
We are currently recruiting for a skilled and experienced Nursery Room Manager to look after one of the rooms of our Lee Green nursery. The nursery is our second largest setting with 134 places across 6 spacious playrooms. Our nursery offers state-of-the-art facilities, combining bright and spacious indoor rooms along with fabulous outdoor areas.
Opened in 2010, Little Elms Lee is housed in a sympathetically renovated Victorian building in Handen Road. With an Ofsted rating of ‘Good’. We now have a brand new preschool building adjacent to the main building opening in November 2018.
Little Elms Lee offers a bespoke baby unit (3 months to 2 years) in the main building and a toddler unit (2-3 years) next door, with state of the art facilities and features areas designed around the specific needs of both ages. The nursery has both carpeted areas for comfortable play and washable areas for messy activities.
Our brand new fully refurbished preschool (3-5 years) features great equipment including an interactive whiteboard and dedicated IT area, giving children an excellent preparation for Primary school as well as weekly French lessons and Tennis lessons throughout the Summer free of charge.
As well as spacious and bright rooms inside, the nursery has plenty of space and resources for outdoor play with purpose equipped gardens for each age group. Careful processes for signing children in and out and the operation of CCTV systems ensure maximum safety for your child.
With a full time qualified Chef, Little Elms Lee ensures that children enjoy tasty and nutritious meals and snacks, including a plentiful supply of fresh fruit. Ideally located between Hither Green and Lee stations, which both offer direct links to central London, Little Elms Lee is also close to major bus routes and just a mile from the DLR station at Lewisham.
Excellent Benefits on offer include:
Basic salary of £28,040 per annum
- £1000 welcome bonus
- Service recognition awards – get an extra day’s annual leave, for each year worked
- Free, hot daily lunch prepared by our Skilled Nursery Chefs each day you work
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme (provided by BUPA)
- Generous Childcare discount
- Support to gain higher qualifications
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Free Uniform
- New starter goody bag
The ideal candidate must have:
- At least 1 years experience in a Nursery Room Manager role or equivalent
- Level 3 or above qualification in Early Years childcare
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of the EYFS & Statutory framework
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Your passion to be shown in your day-to-day interaction with children
- Coaching & mentoring abilities