We are currently recruiting for a passionate Nursery Manager to lead our Catford nursery on Muirkirk Road which offers 60 places across 4 playrooms.
As a Nursery Manager working with us you can expect a competitive salary, outstanding training and development within your role, a passionate work place and a performance bonus structure.
Nursery Manager Role:
As Nursery Manager you will be the named suitable person in charge of the nursery and responsible for all operational and regulatory aspects, as well as building goals which are shared and supported by the whole team. You will be responsible for effectively leading, managing and inspiring your team to deliver an outstanding service of care and education to our children and their families. Our expectation is that this is delivered consistently and on a daily basis to ensure that the EYFS and children’s learning outcomes and development are embedded within the nursery every day.
As Nursery Manager you will be responsible for the effective leadership of the nursery team. You will need to provide training opportunities, coaching and mentoring as well as implementing a robust performance management approach within the team. The Nursery Manager has the overall responsibility of safeguarding, health and safety practices and child protection on a daily basis. You will also be responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date systems and records at all times.
Other Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and role model professional practice at all times alongside high standards of behaviour within the staff team.
- Deliver relevant training allowing the team to continually reflect upon practice, to enable continuous improvement in order to deliver high quality care and education for staff, children and our families.
- To be the Designated Safeguarding Lead at the nursery and hold overall responsibility for the day to day management of safeguarding and child protection policies within the nursery.
- Complete effective supervisions for all staff.
- Develop positive family relationships
- Deliver 95%+ occupancy across the setting
- Develop a system for effective budgeting across departments
- Continuously develop high performing practitioners, assistants and room leaders building the strongest talent pool in the sector.
- Working with our online platform to invoice, collect parental fees and establish strategies to deliver FTE growth within the nursery.
- Optimise revenue generation and costs effectively and efficiency in line with staff ratio requirements to deliver the annual P&L’s.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of efficient staff deployment, matching staff hours to FTE bookings.
- Develop the highest quality of Early Childhood practice and experiences for all children in the setting including those with Disability of Special Educational Needs promoting independence and emotional well-being.
We look forward to receiving your application!
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All roles are subject to reference checks and enhanced disclosure and barring checks. It will be necessary due to the nature of this job for your to undertake a DBS check prior to employment. Within your application it is essential that you disclose any information requested in respect of convictions or cautions. Failure to disclose any information as above will result in dismissal or disciplinary action.
Excellent Benefits on offer include:
£1,000 welcome bonus *terms apply*
- Competitive salary – £49,000 guaranteed per annum
- Very generous staff discount for childcare!
- Career Progression pathways
- Training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 1 extra days holiday per year for your first 5 years
- 1 extra weeks holiday when you achieve 10 years service (on top of that detailed above!)
- Paid apprenticeships to support your progress to your next goal
- BUPA Employee Assistance Access for you and your family
- Employee hub where you will find a plethora of support and information to support you in role
- Annual staff events to enjoy with your team and others in the business
The ideal candidate must have:
- Minimum of Level three in childcare (Essential)
- Minimum of 3 years Management experience (ideally at Nursery Manager Level)
- Obtained an Outstanding rating while in position (desirable)
- Managed a 100+ place setting (desirable)
- Relevant safeguarding/child protection training and willing to undertake further training
- Must be able to work a flexible 40 hour week
- Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques both written and oral.
- Competent user of ICT systems and has the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills.
- Able to manage workload, deadlines and manage time effectively to deliver the desired results.
- Highly motivated and driven in order to achieve deadlines
- Thrives in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Calm approach under pressure and always showing a ‘can do’ attitude.