Nursery Assistant / Nursery Nurse
Our first nursery in a brand-new building, Little Elms Greenwich opened in 2014 as a purpose-designed childcare environment in a fabulous location and has recently received an Ofsted rating of ‘Good’. Situated within the prestigious New Capital Quay waterside development, close to the heart of Greenwich, the nursery is located on the banks of the Thames and near to beautiful green spaces.
With five years of experience channelled into its design, Little Elms Greenwich features unrivalled light and space for all ages – babies (3 months to 2 years) and toddlers (2-3 years) are housed upstairs, while pre-schoolers are based on the ground floor. Air-conditioned throughout and featuring underfloor heating, the building affords comfortable play throughout the year. The well-equipped indoor areas combine with fabulous outdoor facilities that include Astroturf to allow plenty of fresh air, even after inclement weather.
Stimulating activities include Dance & Movement for all ages, with pre-schoolers also enjoying weekly Spanish lessons and sessions with an LTA tennis coach during the summer. The pre-school room has excellent resources including computers and iPads and a qualified teacher is on site to ensure that children receive the right preparation for starting school.
Balanced meals and healthy snacks are provided by our full-time Kitchen Assistant, who is supervised by our qualified Chef. With rigorous procedures for signing in and out and CCTV systems in place, every precaution is taken to ensure children’s safety and security.
Conveniently situated next to Waitrose and with easy parking, Little Elms Greenwich is just three minutes from Cutty Sark DLR, five minutes from Greenwich DLR/mainline, eight minutes from London Bridge, twelve minutes from Canary Wharf and twenty minutes from the City.
Excellent Benefits on offer include:
- Excellent rates of pay PLUS eligibility for our Bonus scheme (earn an additional 4% of your earnings)
- Service recognition awards – get an extra day’s annual leave, for each year worked
- Free, hot daily lunch prepared by our Skilled Nursery Chefs each day you work
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme (provided by BUPA)
- Generous Childcare discount
- Support to gain higher qualifications
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Free Uniform
- New starter goody bag
The ideal candidate must have:
- Knowledge & understanding of the EYFS & Statutory framework
- Experience working in a nursery setting
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Your passion to be shown in your day-to-day interaction with children
- Coaching & mentoring abilities